Georgian Farmhouse Refurbishment
A complete farmhouse renovation
Downstairs all the ceilings and plaster was taken back to the brick and all the floors removed. The old plaster was replaced with an insulated plaster board to give the old 9" wall some thermal qualities. We also brought the floor up to standard with two layers of polythene and 100mm cellotex insulation. Underfloor heating was added to the downstairs floor, then we finished it off with a reclaimed blue limestone flag.
The kitchen and dining room were two seperate rooms. We took down the middle wall and fitted a steel for support. In the dining section an old doorway was made into a window, the old floorboards were stripped and waxed and the old fireplace, which was covered in plaster, was sandblasted replacing a few bricks and pointing where needed.
In the kitchen section the window has been replaced with double doors and a new doorway has been cut out into what was a brick outbuilding that has been turned into a new utilities room. A new Aga has been fitted with a rustic Aga surround with reclaimed oak beam above.
In the newly converted utlities room we took out the ceiling adding a velux window and once again insulating the walls and replastering. We also had a D&C injection as there was signs of damp in this room.
The snug room has had a wall taken out to open up the hallway, once again plasterwork and floors were brought up to standard. The main change in tihs room is the inglenook fireplace. We took all the 1980 brickwork down and rebuilt it with bricks that we had taken out of the kitchen.